Regulations of the Internet Service
The Regulations define the general conditions, principles and method of providing training services electronically by Linetech S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw via the website trainings.aviaprime.eu (hereinafter referred to as the “Internet service”).
§ 1 Definitions
- Password – means a string of letters, numbers or other characters selected by the User during registration to the Internet service to secure access to the User’s Account in the Internet Service,
- Consumer – means a natural person who performs a legal act not related to his business activity,
- Regulations – means these regulations,
- Website – means websites under which the Internet service operates,
- Training – lecture or multimedia presentation (prepared before) aimed at obtaining, supplementing or improving Users’ skills by providing theoretical and/or practical knowledge through the Internet service,
- Service provider – Linetech Spółka Akcyjna with it registered office in Warsaw, ul. Warecka 11A (00-034 Warsaw, Poland) entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Department of the National Court Register under number 0000714152, having the tax identification number NIP: 9512295931 and the REGON number: 142084478,
- User – means an entity using the functionality of the Internet service via a User Account,
- User Account – means the User’s individual access to the Internet service, launched after the User’s registration.
§ 2 General Provisions
- All rights to the Internet Service, including copyrights, intellectual property rights to his name and all rights to the content of the Internet Service, including for Training, graphics, logos belong to the Service Provider, and their use can only take place with the written consent of the Service Provider.
- For full functionality and use of the Internet service, are required: computer with internet access, web browser (Google Chrome 79.x ,Safari 13.x, Mozilla Firefox 34.x, 35.x, )
- The Service internet uses the mechanism of “cookies”, which when Users use the Internet service, are saved by the Service Provider’s server on the User’s end device. The use of “cookies” is aimed at the correct operation of the Internet service on Users’ end devices. Each User may disable the “cookies” mechanism in the web browser of his end device. The Service Provider indicates that disabling “cookies” may cause difficulties or prevent the use of the Internet service.
- In order to create a User Account to the Internet service, the User must have access to an active e-mail account.
- It is forbidden for the User to use the Internet service or Website or services provided by the Service Provider in a manner contrary to the law, principles of social coexistence, decency or violating the Service Provider’s interests.
- The Service Provider is not liable to the User for using the Internet service via the public Internet network.
- Users may use the Internet service only to use the Internet service’s functions.
§ 3 Account Registration
- In order to use the Internet service, the User is obliged to register its account.
- In order to register, the User should complete the registration form made available by the Service Provider on the Website and send the completed registration form electronically to the Service Provider by selecting the appropriate function on the registration form. During registration, the User sets an individual Password.
- During registration, the User accepts the Regulations by marking the appropriate field in the registration form.
- After submitting the completed registration form, the User will receive an electronic confirmation to the e-mail address provided in the registration form of registration to the Internet service. Along with registration, a contract for maintaining the User Account by electronic is concluded.
- By registering an Account, the User gains the access the User Account and the services provided under the User Account.
§ 4 Services
- The Service Provider provides paid and free electronic services to Users. Services are provided 24/7.
- The Service Provider provides the following free services to Users:
- User Account Maintenance;
- Contact form;
- Access to the Service Provider’s job offers;
- The Service Provider provides the Users with a paid Training service.
- The User Account Maintenance service is available after registration and the possibility to use the User Account through which the Service Provider provides the online Training service.
- The Contact form service consists in sending a message to the Service Provider using the form on the Website as part of the Job Offer service. In order to use the service, the User completes the form provided on the Website and sends the completed form electronically to the Service Provider.
- The service of access to job offers consists in enabling the User to view job offers posted in the Internet service.
- The Newsletter service consists of the Service Provider sending a message to the User’s e-mail address containing notifications of new information posted by the Service Provider on the Website. Newsletter is sent after the User’s consent.
- The User may unsubscribe from the Newsletter service at any time.
- The Training service consists in conducting by the Service Provider Training for natural persons indicated by the User and if required checking the level of knowledge of persons participating in the Training by conducting the exam and issuing an appropriate certificate to persons. The Training service is provided through a User Account. Conclusion of the contract for the provision of the electronic Training service is possible on the principles set out in § 5 below.
- In the event of User’s actions to the detriment of the Service Provider or other Users, the User violating the provisions of generally applicable law or the provisions of the Regulations, the Service Provider is entitled to block access to the User Account and services. The blocking of access to the User Account and services lasts for the period necessary to resolve the issue underlying the blocking of access to the User Account and services. As a result of the Service Provider’s suspicions regarding the User’s activities, the Service Provider reserves the right to block access to the User Account and services without prior information.
§ 5 Training Service Orders
- The information contained on the Website regarding paid services – Training – constitute the Service Provider’s offer to conclude a contract for the Service Provider to provide Training services to the User via the Internet service.
- The User has access to the Service Provider’s Training offers 24/7 via the Website.
- The customer agrees to send invoices, their corrections and duplicates in electronic form, in PDF format, via e-mail, issued by LINETECH S.A., ul. Warecka 11a, 00-034 Warszawa NIP 9512295931, to the e-mail address used in the registration process.
- The User accepts the Service Provider’s offer for the Training service by completing the order form available on the Website, and then sending the form to the Service Provider by selecting the “BUY AND PAY” button. Each time before accepting the offer of the Service Provider, the User is informed about the price of the Training.
- Activation of the Training service will be made immediately after the payment is made by the User and after the funds are credited to the Service Provider’s bank account.
- Prices posted on the Website for a given Training service are gross prices.
- The final price binding the User and the Service Provider is the price for the Training service included on the Website up to the “BUY AND PAY” button.
- After the conclusion of the contract for the provision of the Training service, the User is each time will be informed by the Service Provider on the Website about the date when he is obliged to make the payment in accordance with the price given at the end of the order.
- The User may choose from the following payment methods provided by Blue Media S.A. which is the entity providing online payment services:
- bank transfer;
- credit/debit card payment;
- The period of validity of the Training service is counted from the moment the service is activated. Activation of the service means the commencement of the provision of the Training service by the Service Provider to the User.
- Regarding to the Training implemented via the Internet service, the User receives access to training for a period of 30 calendar days. In the case of purchase 2 trainings simultaneously access to training is 60 calendar days, for 3 trainings purchase simultaneously is 90 calendar days.
- It is possible to one-time extension the period of access to the Training service by additional 30 calendar days for an additional fee of 15,00 zł.
- If the User fails to make a payment on the date indicated in point 7, the Service Provider sets the User an additional deadline for making the payment, of which the User is informed via the Internet service / e-mail.
- If an additional deadline is set for making the payment for the User, the Service Provider also informs the User that after the expiry of this period, the Service Provider will withdraw from the contract. In the event of the ineffective expiry of the new payment deadline, the Service Provider shall withdraw from the contract by sending the User a corresponding statement by e-mail.
§ 6 Returns and Complaints
- The User may not request a refund or advertise the Training service after obtaining a certificate for a natural person participating in the Training via the Internet serivce confirming the completion of the Training.
- The User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the services provided by the Service Provider. The complaint may be submitted in an electronic or letter form and sent, respectively, to the e-mail address or correspondence address of the Service Provider. In the complaint, the User should include:
- description of the problem that arose,
- personal details,
- type of Training,
- specify the date the problem occurred.
- The Service Provider shall consider the complaint and reply to the User’s e-mail address provided in the complaint at the latest within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
§ 7 Withdrawal From the Contract
- A Consumer who has registered and subsequently concluded a contract for the provision of electronic Training services may withdraw from it within 14 days without giving a reason. The withdrawal period begins from the date of concluding the contract for the electronic Training service.
- User wishing to withdraw from the contract shall submit to the Service Provider a relevant statement before the deadline for withdrawing from the contract.
- In the event of withdrawal from the contract, it the contract is treated as not concluded.
- As a result of withdrawal from the contract, the Service Provider no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the User’s statement of withdrawal from the contract, return the payment due to him. The Service Provider returns funds using the same payment method that the User used.
- The User-Consumer may not withdraw from the contract after having obtained the certificate for participating in the Training using the Internet service confirming the completion of the Training.
§ 8 Termination of the Contract
- Both the User and the Service Provider may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services at any time and without giving reasons after settlement of mutual obligations.
- The parties may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services by submitting an appropriate declaration of intent, using e-mail, fax, post in a manner enabling the other party to become acquainted with it.
- The provisions of this chapter do not apply to contracts concluded for a definite period.
§ 9 Personal Data Protection
- The administrator of Users’ personal data is the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider processes Users’ personal data in order to provide services electronically and for other purposes indicated in the Regulations.
- The data is processed only on the basis of legal provisions or consent expressed by the User.
- Personal data provided to the Service Provider are provided voluntarily. If you do not provide the required data when registering your User Account, you may not create a User Account.
- Everyone who submits their personal data to the Service Provider has the right to access their content and amend it. It is possible to delete personal data from the Service Provider’s collection, in particular if the User Account is deleted. The Service Provider may refuse to delete personal data if the User has violated applicable law, and the retention of personal data is necessary to clarify these circumstances and determine the User’s liability.
- The Service Provider undertakes to protect Users’ personal data provided to it and makes every effort to secure it effectively.
- If User choose the payment method through the Blue Media S.A. system, your personal data will be transferred to the extent necessary for the payment to be made to the company PayPro SA.
§ 10 Final Provisions
- The current version of Regulations can be found on the Website.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend these Regulations at any time. The amendment to the Regulations will be notified on the Website 7 days in advance. All contracts for the provision of electronic services are implemented on the basis of the Regulations, which were in force on the date of the concluded contract for the provision of electronic services.
- If the User does not agree to the new content of the Regulations, he is obliged to inform the Service Provider about this fact, which results in the termination of the contract in accordance with the provisions of § 8.
- In the event of a dispute on the basis of a concluded contract for the provision of electronic services, the parties shall endeavor to resolve the matter amicably.
- The law applicable to the settlement of any disputes arising under these Regulations is Polish law.
- This version of the Regulations shall enter into force on 25th of June 2020.